The Credit Information Report issued online (via iReport Online Service) upon the request of the person, to whom that information relates to, is known as Consumer Online Self Inquiry Credit Report (Individual Online iReport).
Steps to follow
- One can visit the Bureau, located at No. 25, Sir Baron Jayathilaka Mawatha, Colombo 01, between Monday to Friday from 9.00 am and 3.30 pm and can register for iReport Online Service by submitting duly filled Online iReport Application Form with proof of valid Identity [valid National Identity Card (NIC) / valid Passport or valid Driving License (Driving License should carry NIC of the individual)] along with agreed Online Service Agreement.
- After the successful registration, one can obtain user credentials to access the Online iReport from the Online iReport Service which is available 24x7, through the Bureau Business Service web portal.
Benefits and advantages of registering for iReport Online Service
- Registration for the iReport Online Service and the 1st Online iReport are offered free of charge.
- One does not need to visit the Bureau office or send an iReport Application through a member bank in order to obtain his/her iReport.
- Payments can be made online through a secure payment gateway by using credit or debit cards.
- Disputes can be raised through the system.
- Report histories are available for further reference.
The Credit Information Report issued online (via iReport Online Service) upon the request of the Proprietor/Partner/Director of a Business / Corporate entity, to which the information relates to, is the Corporate Online Self Inquiry Credit Report (Corporate Online iReport).
Steps to obtain the report
- The Corporate Online iReport of a Business/Corporate Entity can be requested by its Proprietor / Partner / Director, ONLY through a commercial or specialized bank.
- The application form should always be submitted with the declaration/authorization/certification by the authorized CRIB user in the branch.